Thursday, May 19, 2011

May blossom

Rhododendron
Showers of rain has cleared the air lately. Bought this lovely rhododendron about a month ago, and it's still waiting to get into the soil. It's giving beautiful flowers though, and the label says it's fastgrowing and will be up to 2 m high.


Indoors - waiting for the rain to take a break.


Lilac - Syrin
We got this little lilac tree as a housewarming gift when we moved here four years ago, but this is the first year it's bearing flowers - I'm thrilled. Last year I planted it in the south-west corner of the garden and it seems to thrive there.
Only problem is it seems I planted the lilac too close to the hedge next to it. Later this summer or next year I'll have to move it a little to give it better growing conditions.  

Hosta
In the south border of the garden I've planted three different hostas. I'm going to move them as well, as I plan to plant a hedge all the way along the south border. 



Pansies
Pansies under the kitchen window

No comments:

Post a Comment